Thursday 16 June 2011

Bob Marley and The Wailers - Trenchtown Rock

I once bought a few CDs off a shady Polish guy.  The cases were slightly burned/melted.  No questions were asked.  One of them was a Bob Marley and The Wailers hits deal, and it was the first time I'd heard this song.  Feel no pain!
  This song also reminds me of Cafe ======, a dive bar run by the Cuban mafia where I spent a good deal of my later teen years.  They laundered money and stuff, nothing super shady.  Oh, the owner, =====, hit a guy with a bat once.  It went 'Thwap!'.  I think the guy questioned ======'s girlfriend's heritage using colorful adjectives.  Man.  Cuban mafia, I'm actually gonna do a little redacting.  Redaction?  Better safe than driving on the bottom of the ocean in a concrete-filled 1959 Pontiac.
  Oh yeah, so they only had three CDs - Bob Marley, Led Zeppelin, and Steve Miller.  Not a terrible soundtrack for growing up/learning how to play pool.  The local pool guys would play pool against us kids, but only for money.  Since we had none, when we lost they'd make us do push-ups while they laughed.  I had my first shot there, and I puked on my shoes for the first time right outside the place.  Irie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INHVcFFt-a0

No comments:

Post a Comment